Quietrevolution is the London based company that designed the award winning vertical access wind turbine. They have combined efficiency with elegance, proving that the natural resource of the wind can be used cost-effectively, cleanly and quietly to provide a renewable energy source in the built and rural environment.
Elite Renewables is an authorised distribution partner for the quietrevolution™ wind turbine. Liaising with clients, we assess their requirements, carry out on-site feasibility surveys and project manage the design, town planning, testing and installation phases associated with deploying the wind turbine.
Facts about the turbine:
- quietrevolution™ wind turbines are manufactured and assembled in the UK at a 25,000 sq ft facility in Pembroke Dock, South Wales.
- Some local authorities have chosen it as their preferred solution for small wind systems in the built environment.
- The three ‘S’ shaped blades are tapered to shed noise.
- The vertical axis is easy to integrate with existing masts and buildings.
- The helical design captures turbulent wind and eliminates vibration.
- Robust carbon fibre is used in high stress areas and all moving parts are sealed to minimise maintenance.
- The direct drive in-line generator has auto-shutdown and peak power tracking and is incorporated into the mast.
- It has won awards for design and innovation since its launch, including the Rushlight Wind Power Award and the D&AD Award - Product Design 2007.
- With more than 100 installed sites in the UK Look out for qr5 turbines at Sainsbury’s Dartmouth store, Essex and Northumbria Universities, Edinburgh Botanic Gardens and overseas at the docks in Amsterdam.
In May 2011 quietrevolution™ gained Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) certification for its innovative qr5 vertical axis wind turbine. To date only nine small wind turbines globally have been MCS certified and quietrevolution™'s qr5 turbine is the first in the VAWT category. A press release is available for download.
If you are interested in finding out more about the quietrevolution™ wind turbine, please call us to discuss.